Friday, December 2, 2011

MY ADIDAS

In 2004 I worked on an Adidas campaign featuring some European Football action. I remember this one in particular because it had a story dealing with gameplay on the pitch. Now anyone who knows me well, knows that I know nothing of most sports, so for me I was just trying to draw cool shots. When I submitted the first pass, I was told that they were all wrong, that the geography wasn't consistent and that basically I had my head up my ass as far as soccer goes. I was given a quick lesson on how the game worked and more importantly where the stuff was happening on the field. Now here is why I remember this job: before this, I hadn't really thought of geographical continuity. I know that sounds crazy, but hey, I started at Extreme Studios where most fight scenes took place in ambiguous spaces;) It was Michael McQuahe who gave me the lesson in geographical continuity. After that point, I made a concerted effort to make sure that every job I worked on had it. So McQ, I am eternally grateful to you.

Here's the spot.










Enjoy.

Until next time...
~FRAGABOOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment