Monday, November 28, 2011

Convention Sketches

I have to be honest, in the early part of my career in comics, I did some really bad convention sketches; characters in profile or random parts of angry faces. I probably did hundreds of them.They were less than spectacular. I didn't really like doing them. So to remedy that, I decided that I would only do one or two pieces a day, so I could actually do some pieces that I was proud of. Here's something that most people don't know: I didn't charge for them. Why? Well, because I enjoyed doing them more when it was just for the sake of doing them as opposed to the pressure of IF someone liked it or not with their money on the line. Crazy thing is, all of the crappy ones I did early in my career, I see them on ebay. The ones I've done for free and taken my time on, I haven't seen for sale. I rarely go to conventions these days, let alone go as a guest. That said, there's not a lot of these. I thought I'd share.








There you have it.
Until next time...
~FRAGABOOM!

1 comment:

  1. I remember a few of these as you were doing them. The Alfred on the Pot is one I remember the most. Just plain awesome.

    ReplyDelete