Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Unpublished Superman

Back in 2003, I was hired by DC Comics to do an issue of Superman. I was ecstatic to say the least. This was my first time working on a DC hero and I wanted to make it extra special. Below are the pencils for the first 11 pages, then the layouts for pages 14-22. I would love to show you the pencils for the rest of the book, though frankly speaking, I'm lucky to have scans of any of the pages. See, DC lost ALL of my originals. Yes, you read right; not one or a few pages, all of them. This stuff will never see print, unless of course they actually find the originals. 

It's been almost 9 years, so.... 

Anyhow, here they are. Enjoy.













I hope you enjoy these. I really had a great time working on it. The next time you're at a show and you're at the DC booth, ask if they've seen any of these pages. 

Until next time....
~FRAGABOOM!




4 comments:

  1. wow, i can't believe DC would ever lose an entire book, LOL. Looks great though man, i'm sorry it got eaten by the editorial monster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very awesome. Nice take on Superman...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gh. What a bummer.
    I had half an issue of pencils for "52" disappear, once. Apparently, they were sitting in a FedEx facility somewhere in Brazil for a couple weeks before anybody noticed they were missing.
    I had hi-rez scans, but I guess DC had made photocopies (before they sent the originals on to Brazil to be inked) and hand-delivered them to various inkers around town to be inked on vellum over the weekend.
    Fortunately, in this case, they were found and returned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like your work here but in my opinion you have made Superman look like he is angry all the time.

    ReplyDelete